MEG UK 2019 is organised by Cardiff University and will be held from April 15 – 17, 2019 at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff, UK.
If you are presenting a talk or poster, please read this important information.
Monday, April 15th
- 9am-10am: Registration
- 10am-5.30pm: Workshop – Machine-learning and multivariate methods in M/EEG applications
- 5.30pm: Drinks reception at CUBRIC
- Keynote speaker: Radoslaw Martin Cichy, Freie Universität Berlin
Tuesday, April 16th
- 9:45am-10:15am: Registration, coffee & poster set-up
- 10:15am: Welcome
- 10:30am-7pm: Scientific presentations & posters
- Keynote speaker: Charlotte Stagg, University of Oxford
- 7pm: Evening reception
Wednesday, April 17th
- 9:30am-10am: Business Meeting
- 10am-4:30pm: Scientific presentations
- Keynote speaker: Catherine Tallon-Baudry, ENS École Normale Supérieure
- 4:30pm-5pm: Wrap-up
Useful things to know
- Registration and abstract submission are now closed.
- In contrast to previous years, talks will be organised thematically.
- All catering will be vegetarian.
- A cloak room is available at the Royal Welsh College.
- The conference venue is located in central Cardiff with many accommodation options for different budgets within easy walking distance.
Location & How to get there
Situated in the centre of Cardiff, the college is just a 20 minute walk from Cardiff Central Station, 15 minutes from Cardiff Queen Street, 5 minutes from Cathays Station and 10 minutes from Cardiff Sophia Gardens bus station.
The college is also easily accessible by bike. A cycle path along North Road runs directly past the college and links with the Taff Trail (National Cycle Network Route 8). A bike sharing service is provided by Nextbike with nearby locations.
Cardiff Central is the closest mainline station with frequent services operating between Cardiff and all major British cities. A half-hourly service connects Cardiff with London Paddington Station in less than two hours.
Taxis from the Cardiff Central train station will cost approximately £5 – £6.
Local and regional bus services (Cardiff Bus 21, 23, 25 and 27) regularly pass the front door of the college. Stagecoach and National Express buses currently stop at Cardiff University (near the Student Union on Park Place) or Cardiff Sophia Gardens. A journey planner is available from Traveline Cymru.
Cardiff Airport is situated 11 miles from the city centre. There are regular scheduled flights from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and several European destinations. The current timetable for the T9 Airport Bus service is available from Taveline Cymru.
The M4 motorway, crossing the Severn Bridge near Bristol, is the major road-link to Cardiff and South Wales. The M4 provides a direct route between Cardiff, Heathrow Airport and London, and is easily accessible from other parts of the UK.
You can contact the conference organisation team at firstname.lastname@example.org
MRC Partnership Grant Nr. MR/K005464/1